Humidifiers & Dehumidifiers
Too wet or too dry? The perfect level of humidity is crucial to creating a comfortable and healthy home.
Whether the humidity levels in your house are too low, too high, or both, Swick Home Services can design the perfect system for your situation. We offer efficient central dehumidifiers, furnace humidifiers, and whole house humidification systems that give you comfortable humidity levels throughout your home. You choose the humidity level that is most comfortable for you.
Too low a humidity level can cause:
- Chronic sore throats, dry or itchy skin, nose bleeds, sinus irritation
- Shrinking and cracking of wood floors
- Peeling wallpaper and paint or cracking plaster
- Annoying and painful static shocks
- A cold feeling, even when the thermostat is turned up
A whole-house humidifier is installed directly to your central new or existing heating and cooling system. Humidity is introduced into your home’s air in the form of water vapor, which prevents minerals from entering the air in your home and potentially into your lungs. The humidified air is then distributed via your heating and cooling system ductwork throughout your home.
Too high a humidity level can cause:
- Skin to feel clammy, sweaty, or sticky
- Musty-smelling odors
- Wood floors and furniture to warp or rot
- Condensation, frost, or ice on the inside surface of windows
- “Sweating” water pipes
- Damp spots, mold, or mildew on ceilings or walls
- Worsening of allergies or asthma
Installed as part of your home’s heating and cooling system, a central dehumidifier pulls air from every room in your home through the return ducts. It removes the moisture and sends dry air back throughout your home. It works in conjunction with your air conditioner to efficiently balance the humidity levels in your home, but can also work independently on days when you don’t need the air conditioner.
Don’t live with unacceptable humidity levels. Contact us today to schedule a free in-home humidity evaluation and treatment system estimate.